The family on Cedar Lane Farm

The family on Cedar Lane Farm
These are the people I love! That's my sweet mama in the middle. I wonder what she's thinking.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

They grow up so fast!

My youngest, Kelly, is a junior in High School.  And, like most other parents, by the time you get to the third child, you've been there - done that, seen it all, nothing suprises you anymore.  You seem to be a little more trusting, a little less stressed that the world is coming to an end every time your child wants to go somewhere after dark.

Well, my youngest has proven (so far) to be a very responsible, level-headed teen.  So, this week was easy to enjoy with her.  Homecoming week at SHS consists of choosing a queen candidate from each class, decorating a "Wall" in the gym that represents the theme for the week, daily dress up events and collections of pennies.  Last night, the Homecoming festivities came to a close after the basketball game of the year and the queen coronation.

But, let me back up to Tuesday...... "Hippie Day".   I think this was my favorite dress up day for her.  She borrowed a hippie outfit from her boyfriend's mother and she looked so groovy!

Groovy "Hippie" Day!






Next was "Hip Hop Day" and she surprised me with her originality here! 

Then we had Spirit Day with the school colors.



And, last night was the dress up event!  Here she is in her pretty Homecoming dress!  She looked so pretty!


My little girl. 

Peace



1 comment:

  1. Oh, I remember Homecoming - what a fun time in high school. Your daughter looks so pretty in her black dress. I hope it was everything she dreamed it to be.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete